Thursday 22 January 2015

January 23, 2015

This week we tip our hats to musical acts that originate right back where we're from. Rob, Mr. T and the G-Man all currently hail from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The nation's capital. So the songs of the day we've selected today are all by acts who also hail from Ottawa. Enjoy!

Rob

"Lemons" - Amos The Transparent


With so many great local bands this weeks choice was tough to say the least. Lemons is one of the first tunes which caught my attention from Amos. A smooth melodic tune rich with a catchy chorus this song makes for some great listening. Although I'm not a huge music video fan, I did enjoy the the cartoon idea which seemed to only help compliment an already great song! Check out "Greater than Consequence", "Sure as the Weather", "Convince the Mayor", or "After all that, It's come to this".



Mr. T

"Signs" - Five Man Electrical Band



G-Man

"Taste Buds" -  The Goodluck Assembly

I've met people and known people from many walks of life. I'm proud to say I don't discriminate when it comes to my group of friends. You never know who you'll meet or who you won't if you keep tight restrictions on those you choose to fraternize with. Through one of my bartender friends I heard of this band from Ottawa called the Goodluck Assembly. I was lucky enough to attend their album release party in 2013 at Cafe Deckuf. "Stay With Me" might have gotten more airplay across Canada, but "Taste Buds" will always be my favourite.




No comments:

Post a Comment