Thursday 17 December 2020

Prize Fighter Barrellhouse Blues




A close friend to many of the Song Of The Day members was recently lost. Some of the guys have dedicated their picks this week to his memory. RIP Roger Rehel...

Rob

B.B. King - "The Thrill Is Gone"

Very sad to hear a great friend is gone, hope you Rest in Peace my friend. So many great memories, coffee bets on hockey games to just talking life and music! You were instrumental in our local Humane Society and helped me adopt a pup. I Cannot say enough about your character and anyone who had the privilege of knowing you would say the same


Mr. T

Gary Moore - "The Years Go Passing By"

Loved talking to Roger about music and guitar. One of my favourite parts about going to work back then was discussing music with the boys in Tool Repair. Roger introduced me to one of my now favourite Blues musicians Gary Moore



G-Man

Roy Buchannan - "The Messiah Will Come Again"

I do a segment on my Radio show called Living Legends. The idea is instead of singing someone's praises after they die, do it while they are still alive so they can hear them. I feel like I just pissed on that whole philosophy. Roger and I haven't spoke to each other in years due to his diagnosis with Parkinsons, but we texted frequently. He was a constant presence when I would broadcast and always gave me feedback on my shows. His opinions and advice left a mark on me, probably a holdover from when he was my manager. He was a damn good one at that. I thought I had more time to tell him. He was a boss I learned a lot from, but I truly considered him a friend. Rest easy Roger, we'll keep your legend alive


Doug

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - "Like A Rock"

When I heard that Roger had passed I put on some Bruce Cockburn, Joe Cocker and Bob Seger to try and pick a song that reminded me of him and the days that he would treat us to his iPod instead of the repetitive rotation of CHEZ. One of my favourite memories is the day he told G-Man and I that he regretted not giving Dave McGlashan a high five on Dave's last shift. Roger denying Dave that high five every day was one of the best running jokes in Tool Repair. Good times. RIP



Dano

Alice Merton - "No Roots"


Jonny HP

TBD

Mike D

In The Valley Below - "Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)"


J.B.

Eels - "Christmas Is Going To The Dogs"



No comments:

Post a Comment