Thursday 18 November 2021

Tunguska Above and Below


 


Rob

Incubus - "Promises, Promises"



Mr. T

Shooter Jennings - "Walk Of Life"



G-Man

Staind - "Me"

Staind has definitely gotten a bad rep these days. If they're even still around. Whatever haze has surrounded the band as of late has made people forget about just how fantastically devastating their first 2 albums were. In a time of rap-infused Nu-Metal, Staind's Dysfunction kept the slow crunch of grunge and the blistering, pain-soaked vocals of true metal alive with songs like "Just Go', "Suffocate" and "Mudshovel", but even the deep cuts on the CD were worth a listen. Like the self-immolating "Me"


Doug

The Tragically Hip - "Cordelia"



Dano

Blues Caraceno - "Devil's Got You Beat"



Jonny HP

TBD

Mike D

Dolly Spartans - "I Hear The Dead"


J.B.

Elliott Smith - "Angeles"

For me Elliott Smith was refuge during my early 20's. I find myself neatly packing away his albums thinking, "That's enough for now". But I always return to the well timed, somewhat hollow sound, with lyrics that clearly come from all the insecurities that I know we've all had. Nothing better than to take a deep dive returning to a sound and space you really felt close to. Happy Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment