Thursday 24 June 2021

What was your first concert?




 It's theme week here at Song Of The Day Fridays!! Since the lot of us here are lifelong music lovers, Mr. T had the idea that we should all pick a song from the first band we ever saw in concert! A fun little trip down memory lane and a glimpse into the histories of the SOTDF members! Bring back live music!!! Rob, start us off!


Rob

The Tragically Hips - "Poets"

First concert I attended...Canada's The Tragically Hip. It was a rainy day and my step sister had tickets with her friend. Woke up that morning to a crazy rainstorm and I overheard her mentioning that her friend had backed out on account of the rain. Right after she asked me "Want to see a band today?" I wasn't really into a specific type of music at the time but I listened to a variety of different artists and styles. I said "yes" but had no idea the magnitude this group would have in Canada and even up until their very last show they were always spectacular! This concert has shaped my musical influences ever since!!


Mr. T

The Who - "Baba O'Riley"

The first band I saw live was a big one...


G-Man

Moist - "Ophelia"

I'm kinda cheating here. The first actual concert I saw was Weird Al Yankovic, and while I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of, it was before I was even a fan of music and went with friends based on entertainment alone. Growing up in North Bay, we didn't get alot of bands stopping by on tour. We'd have a few classic rock groups come to our Summer Heritage Festival, but I mainly played in the grass while those bands were performing and can't even remember what the first one was. Flashforward to 1996 when i'm starting my CD collection. Wearing music shirts. Watching Much Music. I hear Moist is coming to town. Ask my mom to buy me a ticket and score one in the front row of the Capitol Centre. No opening band. Just them. David Usher throws water in my face and I catch a guitar pick. Great times.


Doug

Collective Soul - "Shine"

In the early 90's friends and I went to Landsdowne to see Aerosmith. Collective Soul opened for them and it was a great show!


Dano

The Blackwater Fever - "Back For You"




Jonny HP

Korn - "Shot Liver Medley"

Fuck, my first concert was Korn.....Family Values '98



Mike D

Backstreet Boys - "Shape Of My Heart"

Black & Blue tour...


J.B.

Treble Charger - "Ever She Flows"

Ok, ok, I get it. Some of you might think that's no comparison to seeing Moist or like my father in law seeing The Doors before they were even famous kinda shit. But honestly, start flipping through TC's repetoire and they have more than an extensive banger listing. It was an amazing show and my first shot at crowd surfing which I often fade back to and wish I could back up there one more time




No comments:

Post a Comment