Thursday 28 February 2019

Green River Nixon



Couple new changes here at Song Of The Day Fridays! First of let's all welcome out newest song slinger Rick!! We're still trying out some handles for him, but he brings an ecclectic and unique taste in tunes! Secondly, from time to time you might see a joint-pick pop up on the blog! Two guys get together to recommend and highlight a pick! This week Rob and G-Man bring us Creed's 'My Own Prison'


Rob

The Wallflowers - "Letters From The Wasteland"



Mr. T

Orleans - "Still The One"




G-Man

Metallica - "My World"

I'm a huge Metallica fan and I love St. Anger. I know that's not a feeling that's shared even among fellow metal-heads. Hey, I get it, it's a little left of center, but I strongly feel that time will smile lovingly on this album. Even now you can see younger audiences warming up to it who weren't privy to all the swirling Metallica bashing that was trendy at the time of St. Anger's release. "My World" was never my favourite track on the album, but it grew on me. If it wasn't for it's foul-mouthed lyrics, I think it's the song from the album that would've lent itself the best to radio play.


Doug

Daft Punk - "Aerodynamic" Remix



Dano

Doc Watson - "Shady Grove"




Doc Watson - "Matty Groves"

Note from G-Man: "This guy digs groves"



Jonny HP

Volbeat - "16 Dollars"



Riiiick

Lost Boyz - "Renee"





No comments:

Post a Comment