Thursday 8 December 2016

Dec 9, 2016

It's theme month December! Last week was a Dano theme and this week Rob takes us back in time. He wanted to hear about our favourite songs that were introduced to us via gift. Whether it was a new CD or a mix that someone made for us....his pick was from a CD that he borrowed from a roommate so many times that the roommate eventually just gave him the album. Let's see what it was

Rob

At The Drive-In - "Proxima Centauri"


Mr. T

The Eagles - "Pretty Maids All In A Row"

Or as Mr. T calls it "Pretty Little Maids" - G-Man


G-Man

Jakalope - "Feel It"

I went a little nuts and picked 3 songs. Usually i'm the guy who made the mix cds for people (usually ladies), because I love introducing people to new tracks. I feel it's one of my 4 purposes on this Earth. It was a fun assignment to think of times when that table was turned. One lady in my home town surprised me with a great mix and I was eager to listen to it. A few songs from that CD have become G-Man staples. The 3rd pick here is from the same mix, but Jakalope's "Feel It" holds a special place in my memory...always think of her when I hear it


Guster - "One Man Wrecking Machine"

I think I picked this one before, which is why I did a third one. This one was introduced to me via a DVD of animated music videos. Guster has since become one of my favourite acts. Thanks YP!


Finley Quaye - "Dice"

See the first write up. Sh'yeah


Doug

Maestro Fresh Wes - "Let Your Back Bone Slide"

Doug's pretty sure he got Symphony In Effect on cassette as a Christmas gift in his younger years... - G-Man



Dano

Xavier Rudd - "Message"

Dano is pretty sure both these songs were introduced to him by pretty brown haired girls. I can relate to that - G-Man


Alabama Shakes - "Hold On"



No comments:

Post a Comment