Thursday 3 September 2020

The Inner Light



Rob

Blink 182 - "Anthem Part 2"


Blink 182 - "Don't Leave Me"


Mr. T

Chronixx - "Spanish Town Rockin'"

This one came up on the Sirius XM last week and I was like "Oooohhhhh I like"



G-Man

Metallica - "All Withing My Hands" w/ The San Francisco Symphony Orchestra

It's been a long wait for the release of Metallica's S&M2. Recorded back in September 2019, it was well worth the wait. To make it stand out from their first concert with an Orchestra back in 1999, Metallica took a few more chances with the songs they chose this time around. Featuring a bass solo, James singing with just the Orchestra and Metallica playing with the Symphony to a piece composed by a Russian composer in the in 1920s. I think the most impressive feat was turning one of my least favourite Metallica songs into one of my current favourites. Taking a track off of St. Anger, turning it acoustic and adding a full Orchestra, leaves "All Within My Hands" one of the stand outs of an already fantastic album. Finally, something good in 2020


Doug

Babylon Zoo - "Spaceman"

Apple Music brought it to my attention just this morning and it needed sharing!



Dano

Lucas Stricagnoli - "For A Few Dollars More"


Jonny HP

Against Me! - "Transgender Dysphoria Blues"


Mike D

Doris Day - "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)

In honour of my Grandfather


J.B.

Grimes - "Reaiti"

In case you've been living under a rock for the past year or two, to me five years. Grimes is a Canadian musical genius creating and writing music for some pretty high level music heads. Maybe you've seen her next to a certain mega-billionaire/rocket ship and car maker. She has some amazing tunes though and this one is a guilty pleasure for sure. If you want to about musical arc, her repetoire definitely has matured and changed dramatically. Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment