Thursday 6 January 2022

Komorebi


 


Rob

TBD

Mr. T

The Manhattans - "Shining Star"



G-Man

Goldfinger - "Mable"

Pure, unadulterated 90's punk. With a dash of ska sprinkled on top. Mabel was an important name to me and some friends during my High School daze. So this song is the perfect time capsule of those younger selves.



Doug

Flight Of The Conchords - "Business Time"



Dano

Colm McGuinness - "Jenny Of Oldstones"



Jonny HP

The Fratellis - "Whistle For The Choir"


Mike D

Seven Lions - "Don't Leave" feat. Ellie Goulding



J.B.

Alpha - "Firefly (Receiver Mix)"

Well, I had a few great tracks lined up for today but this one spoke to me. For a long time I knew this one as Portishead "Music To Fuck To", and though Portishead has a ton of amazing tracks for, uh, extracurricular times, the track was actually one of those mislabeled during the Napster/Kazaa days of the early 2000s. The song still pleases all sorts of parts for your Friday and can set the tone for anyone's romantic or non-romantic evening. Maybe it's a happy F*ck Friday track?

Note from G-Man: I Thought it was Portishead too!!




No comments:

Post a Comment